Take your guitar setup… up a few notches!
Here’s some details on the FretGuru 8-in-1 Precision String Action Gauge / Guitar Setup & Evaluation Gauge / Fret Rocker (Don’t call it just an action gauge
Version 2.0 – New from the ground up – 8 function design using completely new processes and super advanced laser technology.
Faster more precise guitar setup guaranteed!
• Precise string action gauge in .010″ (ten thousandths) number increments, and .005″ line increments = super accurate guitar setup!
• Unique, first of it’s kind fret height/fret wear gauge in .005″ increments. No more fumbling with calipers, straightedges or feeler gauges.
• Fret rocker! The 3 unequal length sides are precision ground and polished. Find that pesky high fret without scratching them.
• A handy depth gauge in .025″ increments – perfect for checking a saddle slot’s depth, fret slot depth, electric guitar saddle or polepiece height, even router bit depth.
• Another first – the uniquely designed Nut Slot Height gauge. This has already been a massive time-saver here on my workbench.
• Simply rest the thin corner in the nut slot – and across to the 2nd fret, then check the gap as it passes over the 1st fret. The corner is thin enough to touch the bottom of even the narrowest nut slot. It’s never been easier to zero in on the perfect string height as it leaves the nut.
• Which means NO MORE of the silly back-and-forth of having to repeatedly tune up and down – and remove and replace the strings from the nut to check / re-check if you’ve arrived at the proper nut height.
• 2-1/4″ precision ruler – the first inch is in .025″ increments.
• Super handy inch to metric conversion chart goes from fractions to inches to metric – even converts thousandths to metric in .1mm increments.
The FretGuru gauge transcends the usual separation between those who play guitar, and those who work on or build them. Few tools can benefit of players, guitar geeks and luthiers.
Many of our luthier and guitar tech friends say they couldn’t work without it. Many of our guitarist customers want one for every guitar case.
Could this be the most cost-effective, often overlooked overlooked performance upgrade ever?
If there’s one single tool no serious luthier or guitarist should be without, it’s the FretGuru Precision Setup and Evaluation Gauge. Sure wish I had one when I got started!
It’s the ultimate do-it-all (and do-it-all-well) tool – like the Swiss Army Knife of guitar tools – minus the beer bottle opener. And it’s already become a favorite of A-List luthiers and serious guitarists all over the world.
We just started shipping these and already the rave reviews are rolling in. Here’s a few off the top of the stack:
Needless to say, it may be able to do the same for you and your guitars.
**Re the fret height/fret wear gauge – this was originally intended as a simple reference to just give you a close idea, but as we finalized the design I found the accuracy was dead on.
This is a game changer… I’ve never had an easy way to measure a guitar’s (or bass or mandolin’s…) fret height. Pretty much had to just fumble around with the depth gauge on my digital caliper.
And it’s always been even more difficult to measure how deep fret wear grooves are – so you really know how low you’ll have to level all of the frets – or if it’s time to just replace them.
This used to take 2 tools: A thin straightedge to get to the very bottom of a fret wear groove – while bridging across 2 adjacent frets, and a set of feeler gauges to measure between the straightedge and fingerboard. Can you say “less-than-accurate”?
That’s all changed… these graduated notches make it simple.
Anyway, enough babbling… At this point it should be pretty obvious how useful this would be on your bench (or in your guitar case).
Bernie / FretGuru
Master Luthier, Grand Poobah –